nafex - [NAFEX] Re: live chat

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: live chat
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:51:10 -0400

Tom Olenio suggested:
(suggestion) It may also make sense that whatever "nickname" you choose  ends with your hardiness zone, so people know where you are coming from at  a glance.

For example; say I want the nickname "pruner", I just use "prunerZ5".  The  "Z5" suffix just indicates the zone I am in.  Just replace the ending  numeric with your zone.  This will help everyone.  (just a suggestion).

Charlie Paradise adds:
Tom's excellent organizational idea may work better as a prefix than as a suffix example:   z5PARADISECHARLIE
will always display the zone. which may not happen as a suffix for the following reason:  some chat programs only display 10 characters, so all you would see on your screen would be:
z5PARADISE
so if I had used z5 as a suffix you might have seen:
PARADISECHA
and never seen my zone.

I think Tom's zone idea is good.  I've chosen z5PARADISEma and it means zone 5 Paradise massachusetts.   Comments?

Charlie Paradise