nafex - Re: [NAFEX] attract birds into apple tree?

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] attract birds into apple tree?
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:28:16 -0700 (PDT)

Suet is a great way to attract insect eating birds but
a cage will not keep the squirrels away. The best
thing to do if you want to keep the squirrels off of
it would be to use plain suet rather than the kind
with seeds in it. When the squirrels go after the
suet, usually they are interested in the seeds more
than the suet itself. Same with raccoons and possums.

Michael Dossett