nafex - [NAFEX] Re: NAFEX live chat

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: NAFEX live chat
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:25:02 -0400

Mark Lee wrote:

> I'm not sure if I would ever use the live chat feature. I suppose if
> someone organized a time to meet, the resulting discussion might be
> interesting. It is all text based, right?
>
> -Mark Lee, Seattle

Ryan, would you like to think of a time day or night to suggest a chat?
Mark, chat is text, yes, there are no pictures involved.

Everyone else, chat [aka IRC aka Internet Relay Chat] is a live chat amongst
all present, live uninterrupted typed messages. Ryan has implemented a way
to access it from a browser, but there are also dedicated computer programs
that specialize in just the chat - examples: MIRC on PC's, on Macs, IRCle,
AthenaIRC, or Mozilla chat. I have been on the "channel" 10 hours and never
been dropped. The channel is available 24 hrs-7days - so its a nice way to
find friends anytime. Ask questions if you need help!

Charlie Paradise