nafex - [NAFEX] Zone 3 Pollenators

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Zone 3 Pollenators
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:44:27 -0500

Rick Kruse asked:

I am having trouble finding a site regarding apple variety flowering times.
Specifically something to pollinate Sweet Sixteen.
Any help would be appreciated.
DickZone3MN

Here in zone 3, all of my apples bloom at the same time. Other zone 3
people report the same and some nurseries even tell it to their customers.
There may be a one or two day variation of flower opening but, basically,
all apple varieties, that I am aware of, can be pollenated on the same day.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN
bberryfarm.com

  • [NAFEX] Zone 3 Pollenators, Jim Fruth, 04/13/2005