nafex - RE: [NAFEX] fruits that like wet feet

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] fruits that like wet feet
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:26:29 -0700

Out here in the west, at least, the presence of wild blackberries indicates a wet clay soil (although they do just fine in wet loam).  I wonder if  a blackberry, loganberry, or other related, thornless or otherwise, would do well?

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.

USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate