nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruits that like wet feet

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruits that like wet feet
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 11:47:29 -0400

Deb,
I have seen Prunus Americana growing on quite wet soil, but in Wisconsin I
have seen it growing in rich but drier soil....but there are different races
of P. Americana and their adaptation is believed [by me] to be very
different. Perhaps Jerry Lehman can comment about persimmon, I don't grow
persimmon...but in planting P. Americana I would plant both a western and an
eastern race to see which does better in your location

I don't know anything that will survive the winter on soggy soil, unless
maybe cranberry.
Charlie Paradise