nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 27, Issue 20/nursery stock leafed out

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 27, Issue 20/nursery stock leafed out
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:52:24 +0000

I assume the nursery stock is bare-root? Altho I have trouble with transplant shock when I try to plant leafed-out potted stuff into the ground, I recommend planting these in pots & potting mix until your ground/soil is ready. Other growers have great success with this.

Have you given the plants any water yet? If they are just barely growing, and you haven't watered them, you can probably keep them in limbo for a few days by storing in a cold damp place. If the leaves are getting big, &/or if you dunked the roots (for no more than a few hours, I hope!), the race is probably started.

Tanis Cuff, s.WI, who once received mail-order conifers from Inidana, which had been dug after full candle! Now I order from same or colder zones.