nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Iowa Pawpaw and Persimmon recommendations?

  • From: "jfrisk" <jfrisk@pionet.net>
  • To: <mark@markriver.com>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Iowa Pawpaw and Persimmon recommendations?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:17:00 -0500

Mark   I live west of you in Magnolia, Iowa.  I have a 25 year old persimmon tree. Early Golden is the variety.  It was somewhat self fertile but I finally started getting a good crop when I planted a male persimmon for cross pollination.  I have a pawpaw that bears a small crop every year.  It would probably do better if I had a second variety for cross pollination.  They tend to be difficult to pollinate.   Judson L. Frisk