nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Old Sprayer?

  • From: "Joe Hecksel" <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Old Sprayer?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:03:47 -0400

> > Wear a disposable Tyvek suit.
>
> Hi Joe,
>
> I realize these suits are supposed to be disposable, but how many
uses can
> you get out of one?

I am into my third year on my first suit. I spray about 3 times a
season. I just hang it in the barn.

> Are they waterproof?

Hmmmm. I am not competent to answer that. I think they are "non-
wicking".

I also have a nose-and-mouth filter. The feeling of spray wetting my
lips is very un-nerving to me.

> I was just looking at them with attached hood and elastized cuffs and
> wonder if a quick hose down with fresh water when done spraying is
> practical for multiple uses.

I never bothered. They unzip. I keep that dirty, old exterior on the
outside when I put it on. Spray the trees. Take it off and hang it.
Run into the house and shower with cool water and much dish soap.

--
Joe Hecksel
Personal Webpage http://my.voyager.net/~jhecksel