nafex - [NAFEX]Apple Fruiting Bud I.D.

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX]Apple Fruiting Bud I.D.
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:22:55 -0700 (PDT)

Now that my orchard is going into its 6 to 7 year age - it's time it started
thinking
about blooming - it had 6 varieties of my about 80 bloom last year a little
bit. It's
pruining time and I still have no comfidence in telling a fruit bud from a
leaf or
primary bud - having seen so few to date. What I am hoping for is a couple of
good
websites with close-up pics of various types of buds, any budding URL's out
there?
Thanks, Del, Z3 N. MN where it looks like the maple sap has just quit.

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3 N. MN