nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pear compatibility (Rooting pears)

  • From: Bob Hartman <hartmansfruittrees@wport.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pear compatibility (Rooting pears)
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:45:04 -0800

Tanis,

What process do you use to root these softwood cuttings? In the ground
outside, in special rooting media in
containers outside, under mist in a greenhouse, or plastic tenting under
artificial lights, with or without
bottom heat? What are your experiences with that process?

I am interested in propagating the pear rootstocks (OHXF, etc.). Any
experiences you can share would be
helpful. I can propagate the Quince rootstocks with no problems. I have
more than I can use but the true pear
rootstocks are a hurdle.

Thanks,
Bob