nafex - RE: [NAFEX] pear compatibility

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] pear compatibility
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:27:10 +0000

Sorry to be slow on the uptake. I just stumbled on some info another lister sent me: this summer get softwood cuttings from the desired pear; root these; instant pear tree-- the resultant desired pear tree will be own-root. This root system may not be ideal, but it might be better than NO roots, from poor graft success.