nafex - Re: [NAFEX] buy zinc

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] buy zinc
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:38:17 -0600

At 12:17 PM 3/28/2005, you wrote:
I find it hard to find Zinc Sulphate. If anyone can find a better deal than this deal, please let me/us know. Thanks

4 lbs. $16.99

Grrr. New computer. Keyboard TOO sensitive for my big ol' ham hands & carpal tunnel syndrome. It either sent my response on to the list unfinished or deleted it, or it's lost in cyberspace.

Again, Charlie, while they may not be as numerous in MA as they are here in western KY, local farm co-op, farm chemical & fertilizer outlets, etc. may have it - or be able to get it pretty cheap.
I could swear the last bag I bought at our local AgriChem was zinc sulfate, but when I called 'em a few minutes ago, what they've got on hand is a 36% zinc oxysulfate preparation, 50 lbs for $21.00
Don't know how the oxysulfate compares with sulfate, as to water solubility of bioavailability for plants, but it might be a better buy (or maybe not).
Maybe Topgun will weigh in with the answer.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7
Hopkinsville, KY