nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tips?

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tips?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:09:51 -0800 (PST)

Many of the nurseries which specialize in propagating or helping customers
propagate
many cultivars have good descriptions in their catalogs. Some of these have
been
mentioned on the list recently, &/or they are on the NAFEX website nurseries
page.

When trying internet searches, I found the better descriptions of more obscure
cultivars, and some synonym names, by searching for particular
characteristics. For
example-- triploid apples, disease resistant apple cultivars, etc. (I
actually find
more of what I want, under the topics I care less about! That's the way
searches
go, for me anyway! Want some college-level plant physiology lecture notes
about
grafting & budding? Try 'bench graft callus'.)

Follow advice in the other postings re this topic, and read-read-read.