nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Shipova

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Shipova
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:33:07 -0500

Not to be redundant, but in case anybody is not aware of it, I recently had published a book called Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden (Timber Press, 2004). Many of the questions over the past few months are answered in the book; there are chapters on shipova, on currants, on pawpaws, that is, on many of the fruits knocked back and forth here. I did extensive literature research for the book and I've grown just about all of them for many years. So check the book out of the library, buy it, or borrow it if you want complete information on any of the "uncommon fruits." I'd just like to see some of you making use of my efforts.

Shipova, by the way, usually takes 7 to ten years to bear. Perhaps a dwarfed one would bear earlier, but dwarfed plants are not always more precocious.

Lee Reich
www.leereich.com