nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Shipova

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Shipova
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:10:27 -0800

Sorbopyrus are fairly scab resistant, but they are susceptible to
fireblight. How would you describe the flavor of the Shipova you tasted?

And does anyone know whether pear and ash have been genetically tested to
get a better handle on their relationship? I've lost track of who all is
doing the work, but DNA testing has been refining, and sometimes changing
altogether, plant classifications - as it should.

(sunny and warm here today! The garden is calling - but then, so is my work
supervisor...)

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate