nafex - [NAFEX] Loquat Tree Damage

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Loquat Tree Damage
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:21:55 -0600

Re:
If I had a working drill and a big long bit, I like
the bolting idea, but would wraping a big steal cable
just girdle the tree.

rob

Some years before I opted to use a cable to hold two forks of my maple
tree together, I had a plum tree split apart right at the main crotch. I
repaired the plum tree with a bolt and the tree began growing around the
bolt. Within three years one of those branches broke off at the site of the
bolt and, two years later, the other one broke off. That is why I opted for
the cable for the maple tree. The cable leaves half of the tree
unencumbered and free to grow around the cable.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN