nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Blueberries reverse certain....

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Blueberries reverse certain....
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:36:50 -0500

One "authority" lists the following in descending order according to their "antioxidant" content. It is best to consider the value of things other than just antioxidant content: like; amount of fiber and type of fiber, phenols content, mineral content, recognized vitamin content, etc. There are more than likely other things which are presently undiscovered which are causing researchers to react so dramatically when they discover that foods provided by nature cause marvelous results. Consider that serious nutritional research is in its infancy and a lot remains to be discovered. For now, may I suggest eating more fruits and vegetables of all kinds, both raw and cooked, some nuts and grains, but restrict your caloric intake. My fellow practitioner, a cardiologist, recommends to his patients: "If it isn't a vegetable, fruit, nut or whole grain and tastes real good, spit it out."

Berries:
Dog rose
Crowberry
Bilberry/wild blueberry
Black currant
Sour cherry
Strawberry
Blueberry
Cranberry
Raspberry
Cloudberry

Fruits:
Pomegranate
Grape
Orange
Plum (One reference lists prunes as highest of all foods)
Pineapple
Lemon
Dates
Kiwi