nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Mr. Greg Miller/CONFUSION

  • From: "Dave Griffin" <griffingardens@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Mr. Greg Miller/CONFUSION
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:05:14 -0600

Fellow Members,
This reply has nothing to do with the content of this thread but with the
confusion generated by it. Much confusion of this and other types could be
avoided if posters would simply give their location. More importantly, much
useful plant information, intended or not, would be conveyed. For example,
Jim's post this AM tells me that Nanking must do well in cold climates
similar to mine since he is in Pequot Lakes, MN. Plant hardiness is
paramount to me so this is useful. If somebody from Kansas responds that it
is not as good as something else for him/her, that may not be useful to me
but it is interesting because it tells me more about Nanking and something
about the something else. To other readers of the post in climates similar
to that of Kansas, giving location may be the one thing that makes the
information useful to them even though that was never what was intended by
the content of the post.
If your privacy is important to you (what are you doing with a
computer?) and you want to continue living with the illusion that you have
it, at least give the ag zone you are posting from. Zone 6 doesn't say "hot
dry summers" like Kansas does but it does say something about the winters.
Here's hoping this has been interesting and particularly useful to you
all. Thanks.

Dave
Central MN
Ag zone 4a

  • RE: [NAFEX] Mr. Greg Miller/CONFUSION, Dave Griffin, 02/05/2005