nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Web Site & Blueberries

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Web Site & Blueberries
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:38:24 -0600

You may want to consider a newly released cultivar, 'Hannah's Choice' for an
early variety instead of 'Duke'. It ripens around the same time as 'Duke',
has medium to large berries and high yields. From Hartmann's Plant Company
catalog:

"The flavor of the fruits are outstanding, being very sweet, subacid and
mild flavored with pronounced peach accents. We consider it to be the best
flavor of all early ripening cultivars."

Hal
zn 6 TN