nafex - [NAFEX] R. odoratum 'Crandall'

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] R. odoratum 'Crandall'
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:09:09 -0600

I bought my black currants from Indiana Berry. Here, North Central
Minnesota, Crandall doesn't bloom until after the Ben Saraks and Ben Alders
bloom and they don't bloom until after nearly every other fruit has bloomed.
The first to bloom here is the Pussy Willow, then the fruits start being led
by the Juneberry > Plum > Apple > Peach > Kiwi > Red Currant > Black
Currant.
Curiously, I'm hearing about folks talking about late apples blooming
later than than early apples - here, they all bloom congruently.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN