nafex - [NAFEX] potted and 'pot'

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] potted and 'pot'
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:28:09 -0600

I had quite an interesting converstation with a hort friend about the various
plants that are so-called illicit and some that are commonly found in
backyards.
Th eup-shot was: Marijauna has an amazing amount of breeding (albeit illegal)
and
selection, with some real plant nuts deeply involved. Their techniques for
propagation and selection/breeding are really very finely honed and if there
wasn't such a stigma about the subject, I would love to learn some of their
tricks and apply it to other plant areas. Multicolored flowering parts, in
reds,
rainbows, blues, etc, as well as amazing leaf variation exist as stable clonal
and sometimes open-pollinated forms. Many plants that each of us grow for
ornamentals can be reduced to or used in a so-called mind altering manner.
While
I myself do not partake of Marijauna, it is a very beautiful plant. Someday,
if
we can all learn to control ourselves without drug laws, I would be happy to
have
this unusual annual (where I live) part of my yearly decoration.
You know, I don't really care if people talk about things "not on topic" once
and
a while. Sometimes its nice to know we all might have other things in common
besides fruit. I also don't mind people self-regulating this list, as there
seems
to be no other option (remember the issue with Bruce a few months ago?).
But remember, potential members and current members, young and old, will read
what you write and can be offended and disinterested.
Anyway, my comments may seem odd and supportive of drug-use, but hey everyone
has
a right to see the world their way.
Have a nice Afternoon,
Heron Breen
zone 4

  • [NAFEX] potted and 'pot', Heron Breen, 01/20/2005