nafex - [NAFEX] flames, Bruce, long, sorry...

  • From: Terence Bradshaw <tblists@pshift.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] flames, Bruce, long, sorry...
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:23:47 -0500

how does growing a potted lemon tree in your house relate to the mission of
NAFEX?.....Folk probably should be looking at another list serv.

It seems that at one time or another every list receives the repeated advice from someone at some time or another which is directed only at p!$$ing everyone else off.  It seems that Mr. Hansen has taken this job on for this list with his occasional outbursts over the past few months.  Such is the wonder of the internet where conversations can develop quickly with the aid and cover of near anonymity. I wouldn't suggest that Mr. Hansen be removed from our discussions as some list moderators do to people who simply run in with a torch, waiting to start fires.  I guess we can ignore him as I have done up to this point, or spend a BRIEF moment, on- or off-list to suggest that maybe he needs to open his mind to the boundaries of this list.

The topics which Mr. Hansen has chosen to stand up and shout about have all, in my opinion, been well within the scope of this group, be it fundraising and bylaws, apple rootstocks, or potted lemons.  Maybe Mr. Hansen should offer a new topic when he is not interested in the current one and stimulate some meaningful discussion.  So far all I know of him is that he a)grafts trees and will do so as a fundraiser for NAFEX, b)thinks this is the only and best way to do so and too bad if you think otherwise, and c) likes a glass of whisky in front of the fire.

Please, Bruce, if you don't like any of the truly on-topic discussion, why don't you respectfully submit a new topic.  This will go a lot farther than your whining temper tantrum in the corner of the room that only disturbs everyone else.

Respectfully,

Terry Bradshaw

  • [NAFEX] flames, Bruce, long, sorry..., Terence Bradshaw, 01/20/2005