nafex - [NAFEX] It works for me

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] It works for me
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:12:29 -0600

Diane Whitehead wrote:
You should order a few big boxes from the Okanagan next summer and
have a cherry party. You could even avoid the need of sowing the
seeds by having a cherry pit spitting contest in the area you plan to
devote to this experiment.

I am doing the same thing with apricots. The commercial varieties
don't like our cool maritime climate, but I'm sure I'll find one that
does. I throw out all the pits when I'm bottling fruit, but so far
it looks like the apricots don't even want to come up. All the trees
in the compost area are peaches.

I was told that the Reliance Peach was discovered in the same way Diane
is attempting to produce her apricot.

Jim Fruth
Pequot lakes, MN