nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruit can help us stay positive during the darkest days ofwinter/which preserved fruit should I eat first

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly2@wi.rr.com>
  • To: "Mike Levine" <crunchy@oldweb.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruit can help us stay positive during the darkest days ofwinter/which preserved fruit should I eat first
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:33:47 -0800

Mike, I am as guilty as you about saving stuff until its past it prime. I
too have tomatoes that I pulled green at our first big threat of frost in
Sept!! With no really awful cold spells since, they've done remarkably well
ripening in the garage! I did make a ton of juice/pulp this year
considering the late start--end of August before I had my first tomatoe.

I think frozen raspberries will cheer up even the worst snowstorm. And a
fresh jostaberry pie even makes my non-fruit girlfriends smile at work.

Lets both vow to enjoy the fruits of our labors instead of being so Puritan
and "saving for a rainy day"!!!

Michelle Horner zone 4/5 SE Wis