nafex - Re: Bill Re: Ginda Re: [NAFEX] Medicinal Herb Cure For Colds And/Or Flu

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Bill Re: Ginda Re: [NAFEX] Medicinal Herb Cure For Colds And/Or Flu
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:12:44 -0500

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:34:53 -0600, you wrote:

>Dear Bill,
> That could well be as well. In "Back to Eden" while most herbals
>get a paragraph or two, cayenne [red] pepper has about 7 pages extolling
>all of its virtues. I haven't read all 7 pages yet, just know that it
>does work wonders and that it does deplete the neurotransmitter that
>relays pain signals from one neuron to the next. Without that
>neurotransmitter, a pain message cannot go from one neuron to the next
>neuron. And that is besides its antibacterial and antiviral
>characteristics. Have a Good One! Love, Peace and Perception

I've kept quiet about this until now: it has some hazards
for at least some people, and in at least a few cases, they
can be serious.

For me, it causes an instant and serious asthmatic attack.
I'd probably die if I were sprayed with pepper gas (as, in
fact, some people have).

We learned this when my husband was grilling pepperjack
cheese on a bagel in our toaster oven. Since then, I've
experienced red pepper being grilled a few more times
(things he didn't realize contained red pepper): same
result: cannot breathe, and must instantly get outdoors,
away from it. I had the same experience when I worked at a
university when someone set off pepper gas in their locker
as a 'prank'.

Pat
--
NOW OPEN! ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful