nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Lime for scab control

  • From: "Teghtmeyer, Suzanne R" <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Lime for scab control
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:26:42 -0600

Dan,

Have you read through the ATTRA publications? These are highly reputable publications; from their site: “These resources offer detailed information on production of specific horticultural crops, focusing on sustainable and organic production methods for traditional produce, and also introducing a range of alternative crops and enterprises. In these publications you can find information on strategies for more sustainable greenhouse and field production of everything from lettuce to trees.”

Some of the titles relevant to apples are:

Tree Fruits: Organic Production Overview

Insect IPM in Apples: Kaolin Clay

Organic and Low-Spray Apple Production

Considerations in Organic Apple Production

The site address is:

http://www.attra.org/horticultural.html

and the publications will come up in HTML and/or .pdf format.

-----Suzi