nafex - [NAFEX] My Email is a mess (Black Currant yearlings)

  • From: Todd Ravitch <travitch@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] My Email is a mess (Black Currant yearlings)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:00:18 -0800 (PST)

I am looking for someone here from Colorado who sent
me an email stating they would be interested in the
black currants I rooted this year after receiving
cuttings from NCGR. I lost the email and I apologize.
Email me off list please.

I also remember Ed, our Ribes chairman, asking me if I
had fruited either the currants or the gooseberries I
got last year from NCGR. They are way to yound and
were all just cuttings last spring. The black
currants are Noir de Borgnone, French Black, and
Royale de Naples. The gooseberries are the true
english Red Jacket, a variety from Poland or Hungary,
and a variety from Turkmenistan that I think may not
be a true gooseberry looking at the shape of the
leaves or possibly the predecessor as I have seen some
pictures of the fruits found out that way. If you
want these will probably go dormant in the next month.
We still have not had even a frost here. I would be
more than happy to mail you these properly labelled.

Todd
NE Oklahoma