nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmons in a cool climate

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmons in a cool climate
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:26:55 -0800

I'd suggest cutting off the lotus as it sounds like the lotus rootstock is favoring itself and will likely abort the kaki. Once cut off the kaki will most likely become more vigorus. Who knows you might even get fruit.

Jerry

I might be brave enough to do that tomorrow, as I don't eat the lotus fruit, and I don't think the birds or various furry fruit eaters like it much, either. I will have to find a new home for the vines that use the D. lotus as their support - as I recall, I have one female kiwi, and Clematis montana on it, and maybe honeysuckle too. Moving them over to a bigleaf maple should put a bit more sunshine on the shaded kaki.

Diane Whitehead