nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmons in a cool climate

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmons in a cool climate
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:41:45 -0800

your tree may have been grafted then the graft failed. Here in Indiana my lotus persimmon seedlings freeze to the ground every winter then spring back up the following summer. Kaki the same.

Jerry Lehman

The graft didn't fail. The kaki portion is a small tree taller than me, perhaps 8 or 9 feet high... The lotus portion is more than twice as big.

I will try to remember to look for flowers on the kaki next spring.

--
Diane Whitehead Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8