nafex - [NAFEX] Mouse chewing

  • From: "K Q " <kumquat@operamail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mouse chewing
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 09:23:59 -0800

Del, I would try crumpling a good amount of aluminum foil (the heavier the
better) around those grapestems, going at least 6 inches up from ground
level. This has worked superbly for newly planted pines which are a favorite
for voles. Did over 1100 of them that way!

We found that crumpling the foil works way better than wrapping foil around
said stem. The wrapping just splits and is useless the following year after
the stem grows a bit and breaks the foil. But crumpling it permits the stem
to grow several years before it reaches its limits.

From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>

Has anyone else tried paint on grapes to stop mouse chewing? Del

IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT

(This post has been severely pruned to prevent scroll-itis, a very common
affliction that is mindlessly perpetrated upon the masses by list subscribers
who cannot wait to hit the "send" key, and who cannot fathom how to delete
large blocks of text that are not germain.

There is almost never any need to quote someone else's post in full. As a
matter of fact, full-quoting is usually considered quite rude, for doing so
shows a studied lack of consideration on the part of the poster for their
readers. While it's probably not the intent, full-quoting in essence says to
the reader, "You are not important enough to me for me to bother trimming out
these screenfulls of quoted text. You will just have to wade through them."

If you're interested in a fruitful and useful discussion, that kind of
impression is probably not something you want to give, especially when you're
just feeling lazy and aren't actually intending to be insulting. Instead,
expend a little effort to show respect for your readers; trim well, quote
judiciously.)

IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT -- IMPORTANT

From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.