nafex - Re: [NAFEX] weed whip / paint

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: breen@fedcoseeds.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] weed whip / paint
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 06:23:30 -0800 (PST)

Heron, by "solid bladed jobbies" I presume you mean the 3 or 4 blade
cutters, (like a
10" 3 tooth saw blade)?Yes I use those for large tough and overgrown weeds
like burdock,
and small aspen, but I use the heavy string for weed / grass maintainance,
the solid
blade doesn't do well cleaning to ground level. Thanks for the imput on the
paint /
rodent study.
Has anyone else tried paint on grapes to stop mouse chewing? Del

=====
Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3 N. MN