nafex - [NAFEX] Rootstocks/dormancy

  • From: "Ed Forest" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rootstocks/dormancy
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:34:47 +0000

Correction:
I had written "Rootstock dormancy patterns seem to have little effect on survival of
cultivar", I meant to say the "dormancy" of the cultivar with an emphasis on the word "seem".
The old question of "imparting" of hardiness of rootstock to scion or vice versa hasn't really been figured out, I don't believe, and that may be because dormancy and rootstock/scion interactions are complicated. So even though I don't see outward signs of an effect of the rootstock on the scion, it may not mean there is no effect.
Kevin B