nafex - [NAFEX] Board Respones!&Watercore?

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Board Respones!&Watercore?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:14:57 -0500

Thanks Prez,
Nice to know you're there. Well, Nafex is a lot of fun without all our
schemes. I
wrote an a little review today of a good book and feel pretty good about
sending it
to Pomona.

On another subject, I was eating a batch of an apple I am very familiar with,
which
has a deep but not tart flavor. Many of them have slight watercore. The ones
with
watercoring had a really good flavor, excentuating the already deep flavor,
and
changing it to something vaguely familiar. Over a few days of munching, I
realized
what I was tasting: gooseberries! The watercore fruit have a very strong
gooseberry
flavor, like I was eating one of those Grapples (grape juice concentrate
coated or
injected?). Just wondering if other fruits are enhanced by watercore? I
seemed to
notice when I was younger that fruit with sawfly damage also had a very
enhanced
flavor.
Another gorgeous day in Maine,
Heron