nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Help me pick which fundraiser apples to buy

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: griffingardens@earthlink.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Help me pick which fundraiser apples to buy
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:22:24 -0400

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:11:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Lon,
>
> I'd like to hear how the Lady Bugs populations are for different
>locations this year. So far there have been fewer moving in for the winter
>here than last year, which was a little too much company for a guy who
>lives in the country. That may not be the last word as I still see them in
>the orchard and the grapes though the fruit is almost gone now. The next
>warm, sunny day with calm winds will tell, but there won't be many more
>like that.

We haven't had any come in the house yet this year (in
northern Pennsylvania).

We have not (yet) had hordes of them, but have had maybe a
couple of hundred each autumn. So far this year: none.

Fingers crossed. :) Maybe some natural enemy or disease is
getting hold of them, or maybe our wet, cool summer wasn't
to their liking.

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful