nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tabasco the new pesticide?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tabasco the new pesticide?
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:09:57 -0500

At 11:43 AM 9/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:
 AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch farmers have devised a hot and spicy way to stop rabbits and rodents from munching their lettuce, carrots and wheat.
The farmers will now try to make Tabasco an officially recognized pesticide for subsidized use on a larger scale. At least five small supermarket-sized bottles of the spicy sauce are needed for spraying 1 hectare (2.5 acres) of crops.

Tabasco?  Spicy?  NOT!!!
If they want something hot, they ought to try some of the Dave's Insanity Sauces.  Now, we're talking HOT!!!
 http://www.davesgourmet.com/insauces.html

However, my current favorite is Bufalo brand Jalapeno sauce - red, red, red, with a really good flavor, and not especially hot.  Lends a very good flavor to foods, which can then be heated up by eating a handful of habaneros on the side.

Lucky