nafex - [NAFEX] Rubus parviflorus

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX Submissions" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rubus parviflorus
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:08:55 -0500

    My experience with Rubus parviflorus (Thimble Berry) Is that it grows like Quack Grass (Agropyron repens), has the persistance of Horse Radish and is relatively immune to Round UP™.  It does have pretty white flowers but it aborts alot of its fruit.
    I planted it because of its shade tolerance in a spot that gets only filtered sunlight and it took me five years to get rid of it.  I have since replaced it with a blackberry.  At least the blackberry can be counted on to produce a crop.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN