nafex - [NAFEX] Field Day notes

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Field Day notes
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:19:39 -0700

I tasted some great fruit this past weekend at the Washington State University field day in Mt Vernon, Washington.  Three varieties of note:

1.  Arkcharm Apple – an early red apple bred at the University of Arkansas.  Good flavor, texture and color for an early apple.

2.  Vanette Plum – good sweet European-type plum with the unusual habit of hanging on the tree, even when overripe.

3.  Wesley Plum – very sweet apricot that does well in Western Washington.  See my previous posting on this variety.

-Mark Lee, Seattle

  • [NAFEX] Field Day notes, Mark Lee, 08/16/2004