nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cold hardy pear varieties

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cold hardy pear varieties
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:08:17 -0400

A 02:39 04.08.12 +0000, vous avez écrit :

Perhaps he should consider Ure also although I have yet to taste it, from other's evaluations I would guess it to be one of the best for that zone also possibly as good as Patten, I would love to hear from someone who could input on Ure for flavor. Kevin B
<<<<

My Ure tree has fruited a couple of times, always a small number of fruit, small, and very short life. Actually, I have not managed yet to eat a Ure pear at it's best - either it was too early, or too late! For me, it is definitely not in the same category when compared with Patten or Harrow Delight, which I also grow and like, but which is not quite as hardy.

Claude, in Quebec, zone 4