nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wild fruit (beach plums) provide a tart treat

  • From: LEE REICH <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wild fruit (beach plums) provide a tart treat
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:25:42 -0400

I grow beach plums inland, in the Hudson Valley region of New York, Zone 5, about 100 miles up the Hudson from New York City. I also devoted a whole chapter to this fruit in my new book UNCOMMON FRUITS FOR EVERY GARDEN (Timbeer Press, 2004).

Lee Reich
www.leereich.com

Mark Lee wrote:

The link in the story had a typo.  Here is the correct link to the beach plum growers guide:

http://www.beachplum.cornell.edu/bpguide.pdf

Does anyone in NAFEX grow beach plums in an environment that is not near the beach?

-Mark Lee, Seattle