nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plums and early ripening

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plums and early ripening
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 14:34:18 -0500

In Massachusetts South Dakota is sickeningly, candy sweet. Sometimes its
sets decent numbers of fruit, which are almost always lost to insects [I
don't spray plums, ever]. I'll be cutting South Dakota down this coming
winter, anybody who wants scions, or carving wood, write me by January. I
also think South Dakota's reputation as a good pollinizer is unfounded. Its
a big tree, about 15 feet tall and as much across. It looks mostly like
american plum, but is pure yellow.

C. Paradise