nafex - [NAFEX] Sweet cherries in the South?

  • From: Uwillard@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sweet cherries in the South?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:34:50 EDT

Robert Hamilton mentioned in his post that he has a Stella cherry in Atlanta. I planted only tart cherries because I was assured the sweets would not thrive in Tennessee. How does yours do, Robert? Does anyone else have success with sweet cherries in the South or upper South? Because we live at some elevation in the Smokies, our summer days are typically in the low 80's and humid, and nights cool down to the 60's or 70's.

Uma Willard, Zone 6, East Tennessee