nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Poisonous Plants?

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Poisonous Plants?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:20:07 -0500

The best thing I've found for deterring earwigs is diatomaceous earth. You
can buy it in 4-lb. sacks where organic garden supplies are sold. Sprinkle
the powder around the base of trees and everywhere there are earwigs
present. They get the powder on their feet, it travels into their guts and
they dehydrate. Damage on my berries stopped when I spread it.
Doreen Howard