nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Q: coralstar peach

  • From: "Richard O'Barr" <aatopgunaa@mindspring.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Q: coralstar peach
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:10:54 -0500

Speaking of peaches, I planted some peach pits 4 years ago in a container. Now I have about 30 trees bearing the most beautiful and good peaches. The remarkable thing is that they are staggered so that about 4 trees are ripe at one time and as those 4 go out four more come in. I am on my third foursome now and have 4 more about ready to pick. Three of the next 4 are grafted varieties, but the seedlings still have several trees to come in much later. It is amazing how easy it was. I used very little pruning just once;last year, and have good sized crops this 4th leaf from planting seeds. It has been a major battle spraying for Japanese beetles. This has been a heavy year for June bugs as well.
                                                          Richard O'Barr
                                                          Zone 7