nafex - [NAFEX] Apricots!

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apricots!
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:34:08 -0400

Last spring I planted a Puget Gold apricot. This year, to my surprise, it flowered, and to my greater surprise it set fruit. Three fruits still remain on the tree. Up to a couple of days ago, they were little green balls. Today, they have turned into little balls that are about half blush-red, with a yellow/green background. I'm beginning to think we might actually get fruit! How long dies it typically take from "just blushed red" to ripe?

Thanks,
Ginda

Eastern Mass., zone 6, where the red currants, early raspberries, alpine strawberries, and blueberries are all in fruit.

  • [NAFEX] Apricots!, list, 07/16/2004