nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit stories

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit stories
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:16:33 -0700

Title: Fruit stories
The following was submitted to POMONA, but I'm also posting it here just to get things rolling.

  I'm looking for good stories related to fruit exploration, of all sorts.  These can be stories as yet unwritten, or ones from past POMONAs that you know of.  Stories such as how lost varieties were found, how chance seedlings came to light, unusual methods of finding old varieties, tales of how you bred a new variety, or anything else related.  For example, the late Mike Kucyk told a tale of finding a couple of old ladies living by themselves up on a remote road and they had an old heirloom peach that looked to have great value (sadly, while Mike started some trees, he died suddenly and his material was pretty much lost).

  Send them to:
  Lon J. Rombough
  P.O. Box 365
  Aurora, OR. 97002
or e-mail at lonrom@hevanet.com
  Any articles sent as attachments should be in something basic like TEXT, or even put the story directly into the e-mail, not as an attachment.

  • [NAFEX] Fruit stories, Lon J. Rombough, 07/15/2004