nafex - Re: [NAFEX] need ID: cherry or plum?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] need ID: cherry or plum?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:11:01 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] need ID: cherry or plum?
There were marks that MIGHT have been blistering, but the two center trunks had furrowing more like a plum tree.  I didn't see any of the bark peeling usually associated with cherries, though.  I'd still lean towards plum.

Lon,

Did you notice the bark?  One photo shows the blistering that one usually associates with cherry bark, not plums. What kind of bark does your Redheart plum have?

-Mark