nafex - Re: Fw: [NAFEX] The bird pressure

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Fw: [NAFEX] The bird pressure
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 16:16:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2004 7:16:48 AM US Eastern Standard Time, Jwlehman@aol.com writes:

The argument that keeping birds around serves as an attractant to mosquitoes that carry the West Nile Virus is absurd.  -  Dylan

Oops Dylan, my public apology. Didn't read what you had written closely, thought you had written detractant or control.  Again my mistake.

Although I might suggest in our area where we have thousands and thousands of crows upon which mosquitoes feed upon could help spread the virus. The IDNR does find dead crows killed by the virus and that is one way our public heath officials first learn the virus has returned for the summer.  In the winter my city cousins have a real problem with crows roosting in trees and on building tops, believe it or not.  They are much worse than pigeons. I would submit our overpopulation of crows help supply a continuos fresh supply of contaminated blood and aid mosquito reproduction and the spread of WNV.

Jerry