nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Alternate Pear rootstocks / others

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Alternate Pear rootstocks / others
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:52:15 -0700 (PDT)

This may not sove your problem, but it might be worth
looking into.
I just returned from the SFF meeting in Clarksville,
AR where there was a lecture on new rootstocks for
apples and peachs. One peach rootstock that got my
attention was called "Ta Tao 5" from China. This
rootstock contains a complex set of viruses that delay
blooming of Prunus trees for a week or two(all but
cherry which it kills). There doesent seem to be any
other effects of these viruses. Because the rootstock
conains viruses, there are problems in selling it to
the public. I dont know if this is or will be
resolved, but it might be worth investigating

Does anyone else know any other information about this
rootstock?

Robert Hamilton

&gt;http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&amp;page=byoa/prem&amp;xAPID=199

4&amp;DI=1034&amp;SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&amp;HL=Market_MSNIS_Tagline