nafex - [NAFEX] dormant persimmon scionwood wanted

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] dormant persimmon scionwood wanted
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:17:30 -0700

Last year I asked about converting my male Diospyros lotus into a Diospyros virginiana with male and female branches via grafting.  I was told summer is the best time to do this work.  I was hoping to do this last year, but never got around to it.  If I can track down some dormant scionwood now, I would like to attempt this in the next month or two.  Does anyone still have dormant American Persimmon scionwood?  Would one of the varieties that produce seedless fruit without a pollinator be a good choice for this project (Yates and Meader)?

-Mark Lee, Seattle

  • [NAFEX] dormant persimmon scionwood wanted, Mark Lee, 06/03/2004